The journey to being published. Theory. Practice. Practice. Practice. Science Fiction. Fantasy. Pop Culture. Life.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Reconstruction 2010

In an effort to stay on the horse, I have signed up for the Reconstruction NASFIC 2010, occurring this August in Raleigh. I haven't been to North Carolina before, so that will be my 32nd state. Yipee!

Beyond adding to my travel tally, I'm quite excited to reconnect with a handful of the Taos Toolboxers and meet many more industry professionals. Some of the panels look absolutely awesome, and I had to admit that I'm looking forward to the dances in the evenings.

I've been working on a short story to submit for a workshop there. Eric (the boyfriend) supplied me with a concept that I've been kicking around all week. The story is incredibly heavy on the dialogue, but since it's set in the near-future on earth, I'm not to worried about it. Hoping to get some feedback this weekend!

Meanwhile I shall resist looking at steampunk and masquerade outfits online. Yes. Somehow. Must... keep... writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment