The journey to being published. Theory. Practice. Practice. Practice. Science Fiction. Fantasy. Pop Culture. Life.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Potlatch 20!

Today I am off to attend Potlatch 20, conveniently located in San Jose.

The book of honor, as opposed to a guest, is George R. Stewart's Earth Abides. I consider this a total win for several reasons. First and foremost, I've actually read it, over a year ago. Second, I loved it. Dystopian, heavy on the sociology and pushed the values for its time? Perfection. Lastly I remember it.

This might not be a problem for most people (or most of a certain age) but it is definitely an issue for me. I struggle with remembering things far more important than the plot of a book (commence bashing), and so it is very rare for me to have such a vivid recollection of a story. Win!

I know Amy from Taos will be attending, and already several writers have reached out. I'm looking forward to it, and will post photos on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment