The journey to being published. Theory. Practice. Practice. Practice. Science Fiction. Fantasy. Pop Culture. Life.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Back from Outer Space

Howdy!

So this is the part where I tell you I have a bad habit of lurking. Sometimes even on my own blog.

But! With a new year comes new projects and new ideas. I'm very much looking forward to all the amazing goodness that will happen in 2011. On the list?

Cons: Potlatch in Sunnyvale, FOGCon in San Francisco, Westercon64 in San Jose, Renovation (WorldCon) in Reno! I've registered for all four and hope to add one more to the list.

Workshop: Vegas Writers Workshop, comprised of Taos Toolbox and Viable Paradise alums. I'm also hoping to hit up another workshop, or two, in Reno.

Reading: I've got a long, long, list of books I intend to read in 2011. At the top is a list my father gave to me, to help catch me up on foundational scifi and fantasy. On Monday I'll post about what those books are!

Writing: I hereby pledge to be more transparent about the projects I'm working on! Right now, my main work is a short story (will it be 6k? 8k?) which I will submit a draft of to the Vegas workshop. I'm currently resting at 4k with some scenes that are just plain silly.

So, that's the plan! Oh yes, and on top of all of this, I will be married this year... and that absolutely thrills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment