Over the years he tailored his recommendations to what I liked - fantasy epics, dragons, and love stories. He kept the military science fiction filed away. Last year I read Mission of Gravity by Hal Clement and didn't hate it. Entirely.
So, for my 26th birthday, he gave me a challenge: a box full of books, not one published after 1988, which all fall under the category "should have read."
First I have to finish Graceling, his pick for best book of 2010. But then, nothing stands between me and this monster undertaking... I'll keep you updated as I go! This list appears in chronological order by first publication date:
- The Empire of Isher by A.E. Von Vogt
- Beast Master's Planet by Andre Norton
- Three Hearts and Three Lions by Poul Anderson
- The Planet Savers by Marion Zimmer Bradley (the Darkover series)
- Glory Road by Robert Heinlein
- A Trace of Memory by Keight Laumer
- Deryni Rising by Katherine Kurtz
- Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings
- Chronicles of the Black Company by Glen Cook
- Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey
- Sheepfarmer's Daughter by Elizabeth Moon
Have you read any, some, most of these?